Sunday, October 1, 2017

Looking for the Good

Y'all, it's been a year.
Well almost a year.
I got a second wind in April that lasted a day. (It didn't take apparently.)
For those of you who have been following (who used to follow?) this blog since it's inception back in September of 2011, you may have wondered if you would ever see a post pop up again in your inbox.
You're not alone.
I wondered as well.

Six years...
(Wait, can I count the last year with almost no entries?  I think I'm gonna just give myself a break.  One month of writing plus one post is better than none I guess.)
Six years since hammering out that very first sentence.
"Do you ever need a good, swift kick in the pants to hear God's message to you?"
So much has happened in the world and in all of our lives since then.

But lately it feels as though God's message to me has been getting lost in the noise.
Truthfully, the onus is on me.
I have been more worried about the state of the world and the state of my life and future than the state of my heart, soul and mind.
Without the state of my soul as the main focus, the darkness set in.
It happens without fail.
I don't know why I continually have to relearn the lesson.
Over.
And over.
And over again.
I'm really kinda tired of being this dense.

So when the annual Write 31 Days post popped up in my news feed, I wondered.
Will I write?
And what will I even write about?
(I'm not kidding...the darkness has been circling, y'all.)

I was recently reminded by a dear, dear friend that unless I fix my eyes on those things which are good...and lovely...and pure...and noble...I cannot be part of a solution. 
I cannot lend my voice and my focus, my "likes" and my "comments" to the vitriol and expect things to change.
(I'm interpreting...she didn't say those actual words. 😊  
But it's what my heart heard and needed to hear.)
It was the good, swift kick in the pants that I needed.
I have been adrift and focusing my heart and mind on the wrong things.
And I need to seek the Light.
I am so grateful.

So in the spirit of walking in the Light, I have set aside my reservations that anyone cares or is judging that I blog when I feel like it, and I am joining the #Write31days challenge.
And I've chosen a theme that will redirect my focus in the hopes that it will help your hearts as well.

Looking for the Good

I'm actually getting excited as I peck out these words on the keys.
I'm excited to look around me for all that He has blessed me (us) with and share it with you all.
I'm relieved to start to emerge from the darkness into His light.

"8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

- Philippians 4:8-9  (emphasis mine)

Will you join me in looking for the good?
And even better, will you share with me your good?
I need all the help I can get.


{Thanks for reading.
So relieved to be back.}







No comments:

Post a Comment