Monday, October 2, 2017

Looking for the Good - The Water, Part 1

There are days that I quite literally go out "looking for the good."
For me, that's the ocean...
Or bay...
Or river...
Really any body of water will do.
I'll sigh in contentment over a puddle if that's all there is around.

Being in Huntington Beach for at least a little bit longer...at least until next Spring when my 
son. graduates. high. school.
(HUH?!?!?!),
the ocean is what is nearby.
And, my goodness gracious, does it beckon me home.


I bought these notecards at a street fair here in our city last year.
Truth be told, I haven't used even one of them for their intended purpose.
I can't seem to let them go, I am so inspired every time I look at the picture.

Produced by The House of Wickersham, the cards were made from an original acrylic painting by Cathy Wickersham entitled, "His Love."
And oh, how I feel that love when I see the painting.
Oh, how I feel that love when I'm down by the water.

"When it was time to leave, we left and continued on our way. All of them, including wives and children, accompanied us out of the city, and there on the beach we knelt to pray." - Acts 21:5

It seems so many miraculous things which happen in the Bible involve water.  
Moses leading his people through the parted water of the Red Sea;
John the Baptist baptizing Jesus in the River Jordan;
Jesus walking on the water of the lake toward His disciples;
later Jesus appearing to His disciples after death when they went to fish in 
the Sea of Galilee.

Water heals.
It is a life force.
Mysterious and moving.
Energetic and alive.

When I am surrounded by questions and chaos, uncertainty and confusion,
I need to remember to look for the good down by the water.
It's so close by.
And maybe, just maybe, I'll have the courage, there on the beach, to cast self-consciousness aside and kneel and pray, thanking God for His goodness in so many parts of this life.



{Thanks for reading.}







No comments:

Post a Comment