Sunday, October 23, 2016

Spiritual Bliss - Coming Home, Day #21

It's a short one today.
I enjoyed an afternoon of taking my daughter to lunch after celebrating a beautiful Mass all together as a family...
Then napping on the couch while my husband watched football, my daughter baked, my son did homework and it rained outside. 
Kinda perfect.

But I couldn't let the day pass without writing in praise of my husband and his incredible musical gifts.
It was his week to play drums with our praise band - Mark 12:30 ** - 

(Hang on...I gotta go frost a cake...)
Okay, I'm back.

Anyway, we had the great fortune this week to all be involved in our Mass.
I proclaimed the first reading from Sirach.
Braden was with his Confirmation leadership team.
The praise band asked Colleen to cameo in the second Communion song...one of her favorites, "Blessings."
(She sounded so beautiful, I wept.)

And then there was my husband behind the drum kit, keeping the rhythm of the music for every parishioner...
Shimmering the mallets on the cymbals, growing the emotional depth of praise until the building veritably shook with bliss.
Oh, how I love when he plays.
He's steady but spectacular.
After his Masses, I always leave the church better than I entered.

In my home away from home, with my husband behind the drums, the fruits of the Spirit wash over us all.
Thank God for this gift.



** Mark 12:30 - " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (NIV)




{Hope your weekend was as 
uplifting as my morning.
Thanks for reading.
#write31days #cominghome}   

No comments:

Post a Comment