Saturday, October 15, 2016

Simply Saturdays - Coming Home - Day #14

Welcome to Simply Saturdays!
I found (or finished :) some awesome things this week that I thought you may like.
Wanted to send 'em your way...



#1 - Amber C. Haines book...

Wild in the Hollow
On Chasing Dreams and Finding the Broken Way Home

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I bought this book back in January and have only now made the time to read it.  But, man, am I grateful I did!  

Amber is a blogger at The Runamuck I have followed for years...a fellow Alabamian...and one of the most beautifully lyrical writers I have had the honor of reading.
Her prose is melancholy and rich.
She is a poet for this generation.

Warning:  If you like only hide-your-head-in-the-sand and pretend-there's-only-positive-in-the-world kind of reading, this book is not for you.  But if you are moved by depth and hurt and brokenness to redemption, please run right out and get a copy.  You will be profoundly changed. 


#2 - Thieves Essential Oil

Okay, at the risk of sounding like, what we used to non-acceptingly call, a "granola" - or Mother Earth, if that makes more sense to you - I am LOVING my essential oils!  I am now embarrassed that, at a younger age, I never gave holistic approaches more of a chance.  When we had such prevalent illness in our home earlier this year, I bit the bullet and did what I had been planning to do for more than a year.

I bought an infuser and a starter kit from Young Living and started oiling.  

A year ago when I was slated to go on stage in front of 1000+ people to sing the Ave Maria in a Christmas concert, I was so sick that I could. not. swallow.  
My friend, Jessica, put some of her proprietary blend of eo's in my water, and I experienced nothing short of a miracle!  I totally cleared out all of the sick & sang normally!   
(Praise report!)
If it could help with that, why not other things....like our anxiety, hot flashes, upset stomachs and more?  

So today, I want to recommend my most faithful oily friend, Thieves.  
It is an immune support oil that I apply to the bottoms of my feet every night before bed (thanks, Mary, for the tip).  
I haven't been sick once since I started doing this.  (I always catch EVERYTHING!) My husband is coming off of a pretty bad upper respiratory infection...but I feel awesome! 
Run right out and get a bottle of this before the flu season starts!  It's a little pricey but no more so than a trip to the doctor, a copay for medication and a day or two of missed work!
(I can get it for you wholesale if you want...just comment on my FB post to get the deets.)



#3 - Claire Diaz-Ortiz's blog

I have been following Claire Diaz-Ortiz for several years since her book, Hope Runs, was introduced to (in)courage, a blog community to which I belong. Claire was an early employee at Twitter (Remember when Pope Francis famously sent his first tweet?  That was Claire sitting beside him!) and has been named one of the Hundred Most Creative People in Business.  

I have personally read two of her six books, "The Better Life" & "Design Your Day" and, as productivity is one of my greatest struggles, I have gleaned multiple tips from her books and her blog.  
I recently took a ten day seminar on business and copy writing because of a recommendation that Claire made.  

Blah, blah, blah...you get the picture.  I think Claire is valuable.

If you need help in any of the areas above or want to understand how to more greatly increase your social media presence for your business, sign. up. now.
It doesn't cost anything and the only effect you'll feel is another email in your inbox.
But it could also change the way you conduct your day...and if you're like me, it will be a very, very good thing!


Happy Saturday to all!!
Fight on!
(Gotta support my husband's alma mater...:)



{Thanks for reading.
Whether being productive 
or enjoying rest, 
I hope your bucket gets filled!}

No comments:

Post a Comment