Thursday, October 20, 2016

Rest at Home - Coming Home, Day #18

Yesterday was a good day.
A weird day.
A busy day.

I was out for a good portion of the day.
Then back at home for a bit before driving kids back and forth to classes and commitments.  
I got home for good at about 9:45 PM...thought about writing...but I was so tired and just wanted to spend time with my husband and kids.
I realized that my #write31days challenge, though so important and life-giving to me most of the time, may in that moment take away from my actual home life.
So I took the night off to equal parts guilt and relief.

This morning I looked back on my decision then forward to getting back to writing.
The right decision to rest at home?
Absolutely.
My brain needed the break and my blood pressure needed the lack of worldly pressure.

So a brief thought for yesterday that moved me when I read it...


"Home wasn't a set house, or a single town on a map. 
It was wherever the people who loved you were, whenever you were together.
Not a place, but a moment, and then another, building on each other like bricks to create a solid shelter that you take with you for your entire life, wherever you may go."

Sarah DessenWhat Happened to Goodbye


I carry my brick buildings, people who loved me and my moments everywhere.



{Thanks for waiting.
And thanks for staying.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment