Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Making Miracles, Part III - Coming Home, Day #17

(A short and sweet wrap-up to Parts I & II following....read to get caught up.  Grateful for a loving home.)

After my little breakdown and my husband's loving response on Saturday, I was driving my boy to a show that evening.  
Usually we chat and sing and laugh during our drives together, but this time, I was still feeling blue.  
So instead we just listened to the radio as we traveled the ten minutes there. 

I was rather unfocused as a song played until I heard these words pouring out to me...

"So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held.
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held."
(emphasis mine)

Your world's not falling apart...
It's falling into place.
Yes.

Everything from the day - and even beyond - seemed to suddenly make sense.
If I weren't having problems with friends, I wouldn't have needed to rely so heavily on my husband to listen.
I may have made a phone call outside my home.
And he wouldn't have had the opportunity to comfort me, growing and strengthening our relationship and answering a prayer of twenty years.

Jesus was holding me the whole time.
And continues to.
Yes, these hard things will be hard sometimes regardless.
The friendships are difficult still.
But without the challenges, I would not have been blessed with an added dimension of love and grace to my marriage.
Oh, difficulties rarely make sense when we're in them.
Thank God He's at the helm waiting to put the pieces of our world back into place.
Beauty from the ashes...


Song Lyrics credit:  Casting Crowns, Just Be Held



{So eternally grateful for grace.
And thankful for community with you.
Thanks for reading.}



No comments:

Post a Comment