Saturday, October 22, 2016

Foodie Fridays...Finally! - Coming Home, Day "some number"

Y'all!!

Oh. My. Gosh.
I found the MOST amazing meal the other night while searching for "baked curry chicken."
I have absolutely NOTHING to do with the following recipe...besides having the good sense to find it and prepare it.
But I wanted to share it here because it's Easy. Fast. DELICIOUS.

Wish I had taken a picture to share but trust me, if you like spicy (not hot spicy but flavorful spicy) and curry, this is the recipe for you!

BAKED THAI COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN BREASTS

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (not cutlets)
  • Kosher salt
  • Black pepper
  • 1 (14 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
  • 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
  • 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
  • 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
  • 1 small bunch cilantro, root ends trimmed (leave the stems - they add amazing flavor!)


PREP

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Sprinkle salt and pepper generously over chicken breasts arranged in a single layer in a roasting pan

In a blender, combine all other ingredients 
Puree until smooth

(I used my Nutribullet again!  Gosh, that gift keeps on giving!)

Pour over chicken and bake for 30 minutes
Turn on broiler and broil for an additional 5-7 minutes, until crispy and slightly charred on top
Make sure to keep an eye on the chicken as broilers vary.
(Mine did not turn out slightly charred but it was still delonsh!)

Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving

I added tri-colored carrots to the roasting pan, pared and cut into thirds, beside the chicken. 
On a small white dinner plate, I placed a handful of fresh spinach drizzled with olive oil; 
layered a ladle-full of brown rice on it; then placed a chicken breast and carrots over the top.
Lastly, I poured the reserved sauce over all of it.

YUMMY!!


Recipe credit:  Epicurious

Note:  If I had it to do over again (and believe me, I will!), I would have added more cilantro and a generous sprinkling of curry powder to the bullet before pureeing.  Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment