Saturday, October 29, 2016

Foodie Fridays (Finally!) - Coming Home, Day #22

Well, obviously I've skipped a few in my #write31days challenge.
But I gotta be okay with it.
My feeling is, if you're trying to write a blog post based on God's grace, and all you're feeling is STRESSED. OUT. there's something wrong with your motivation.
(Or He wants me to work through the stress to get to the message?  Or not?  Or actively seek inspiration?  Or...welcome to my brain.  This argument could go on for hours!)

Anyway, I'm doubling down today.
Posting a Foodie Friday now then a Simply Saturday later in the day.
Then back to a regular post tomorrow.
Then Monday.
Then done with this challenge!
Ask me if I'm happy with doing 20-something posts out of 31, and I'll give you a resounding YES!
Big shout out to Jesus for encouraging me to persevere and my family for (mostly) leaving me alone to write lately.

My final Foodie Friday post (though, I may make it a regular thing after the first of the year...what do y'all think?) is actually a recipe I haven't tried but one that I found that 
I cannot. wait. to eat.
Since I've gone mostly gluten-free for the last long bit (don't stick a plate of pasta with garlic bread in front of me if you expect me to adhere to the GF program, however), 
but wouldn't really willingly eat a waffle or pancake, I've been looking for a more-than-just-decent substitute.
I sure do miss them!
SO when I saw this recipe (with syrup...you'll need to be an essential oil user to make this part to completion...though you can make most of it without them) on the Young Living blog, I had to earmark it.
So I'll give ALL the credit for this recipe where it belongs - to Gourmande in the Kitchen - and include the link here.
In the meantime, here it is...if any of you try it before I get to it, I'd love a review in the comments below.

BON APPETITE!

GLUTEN FREE YOGURT WAFFLES 
with 
LEMON-LAVENDER BLUEBERRY SYRUP
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt, eggs, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix well to combine. Let batter sit 10–15 minutes for the flour to fully hydrate. While waiting, make the syrup.
  2. Combine the blueberries, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5–10 minutes or until the mixture is syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly; then add Lavender and Lemon Vitality essential oils, stirring well to combine.
  3. Heat waffle iron at medium heat and brush with melted coconut oil. Pour ¼ of the batter onto iron and close. Cook until waffle is golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet in a low-temperature oven to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter.
  4. Serve immediately topped with the Lemon-Lavender Blueberry Syrup.


{Thanks to Young Living for this recipe.
And thanks to all of you for sticking with me 
for these 31(ish) days.
#cominghome}

No comments:

Post a Comment