Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Serve One Another

Happy Ash Wednesday...

(Or should I even be saying "happy" Ash Wednesday?  That doesn't seem quite right.  How about "faithful" Ash Wednesday? "Contemplative" Ash Wednesday?  "Spiritual" Ash Wednesday?  Well, either way, Ash Wednesday greetings to you beautiful readers.}





Before I wash the cross off of my forehead on my way to bed, I wanted to share a thought upon which I have been reflecting in the days leading up to this one. 
A thought of service.  
Service of one another.  
Service of the less than...the marginalized...the downtrodden.  
Service of students, teachers, laborers, children, spouses.
Service.
The idea of service is one that unites our communities.  
It's essential to our role as human beings and compassionate followers of Jesus. 

“Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”   ― Martin Luther King Jr.

So in this precious season of reflection - one of my favorite seasons of the year - I want to focus my energy on service.  
Not just service of my beautiful Saviour...though that is of the utmost importance as well...but service of those around me...
Those with whom I connect daily...
Those who may need what small but sacred things I have to offer...
Those near or far; acquaintance, friend or stranger.

I want to serve.
To have a heart full of grace.
To have a soul generated by Love.
To be the hands and feet of Jesus in his holy season.

Won't you join me?



{I would love to hear how you are making this 
sacred season special and mindful.  
Please feel free to share in the 
comments below or here on my FB page.  
- And thanks for reading.}

No comments:

Post a Comment