Monday, March 16, 2015

Cure for a Lingering Cough

Sniff.
Cough.
Spit.
Repeat.

Sniff.
Cough.
Spit.
Repeat.

Day after day.
Week after week.
I collapse on the couch and my eyeballs leak.

Cough is hacking.
Muscles wracking.
Jaw's a' clacking.
Lungs are cracking.
Feel the illness deck is stacking.
'Cause my health is fairly lacking.

"Why, dear Lord?" I plea and pray.
"How much more? Still one more day?"
No answer. "K, I'll go to Mass
And be assured 'this too shall pass.' "

So in I walk to my holy place,
Kneel on the rest, tilt up my face
Then feel - I'm still and know - no doubt
There'll be a day for a sickness "out."

"You got it, Lord, my faith supreme.
My health restored won't be a dream.
You know the path...call stars by name.
I trust my cure will be the same."

Well, up I stood to greet the day...
Joined the church in what to say
Then fairly laughed when I read along
And saw the lyrics of the song.


"As for me, I trust in the Lord.
Let me be glad and rejoice in Your mercy,
for You have seen my affliction." - Psalm 31:7-8



{Trusting in Him fully for cessation to this illness.
Until then, using the words of this opening antiphon...
this Psalm of assurance...
as a balm for my soul.
Thanks for reading.}

No comments:

Post a Comment