Monday, November 24, 2014

Giving Thanks Beyond Thanksgiving

This morning at church, the entire congregation was singing the customary verse during the Breaking of the Bread.

"Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world...have mercy on us..."

The chorus rang out.

"Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world...have mercy on us..."

The congregation continued.

"Lamb of God, You take away the sins of the world...grant us peace...."

As the church sustained the last note until it ended in silence, we suddenly heard a toddler shout...

"YEAH!"

The congregation gave a collective chuckle at the innocent exclamation.  
Then I  thought about how that child most certainly must have felt the conviction of our voices raised in song, and I took a moment to consider the profundity of that which moved him to say it..."YEAH!"
Heartbreaking...in the most beautiful way.

It can be difficult to find peace in the "yes" (or "Yeah!") of that which God calls us 
To do...
To pursue...
To create.

Do you ever feel that way?
I know I do...100% and all together too often.
Even when I know what the right thing is.
Even when I know what I'm being called to do.
Even when I have clear direction....

I would sometimes rather whisper "ummmm..." than exclaim "YEAH!"

But today I have listened to the whisper and decided not to hide or to question, but to find peace in His direction and proclaim a resounding "YEAH!!!" 





So here's to continuing saying yes.
Here's to sharing all that we're grateful for.
Here's to taking part in the 
"GIVING THANKS BEYOND THANKSGIVING" challenge.

I hope you join me!



{Thanks for reading.
Thanks for sharing gratitude 
with your community.
Thanks for your grace.}


No comments:

Post a Comment