Friday, October 31, 2014

Daily Mundane #28 - Autumn Days

I don't know if it's because my daughter is off to college and he feels sorry for me;
Or if he is maturing;
Or if his tastes are changing;
but my son was very much into decorating for fall.
He's been complaining about it for weeks, the fact that I hadn't even gotten the crate of autumn decor out.  I thought it would pass, but he kept hammering away at me.
"When are you going to decorate?"
"Mom, it's almost Halloween and we don't have anything out yet."
"I thought you said you were going to decorate this weekend, Mom?!?"
So my husband lifted the box down from the rafters on Sunday, and when Braden asked me when I was going to start, I told him, "I thought I'd do it while you're at rehearsal tomorrow night."

"Nooooooo!" he practically shouted to my complete shock.  "I want to do it together."
I tell ya', I'm not focusing on the why of this heart change.
I don't really want to know.
(Because I'll admit it...at this point, I'm not beyond accepting some pity decorating.)

True, my house is exceptionally postured for a fall look since those warm colors are the ones I love surrounding us with.  It doesn't need much to achieve the look.  (And thank goodness, because I haven't purchased one fall item in about a decade, and I've had to chuck tattered scarecrows and faded pumpkins year after year.  I'm down to the bare bones.)
Still, when you throw up some autumn leaves and a few gourds, it's amazing how comforting and extreme the transformation is.

Hope you enjoy our Daily Mundane #28...and I gotta give credit where credit is due.  Almost every decision, down to the 1/2 inch move of a candle position, was Braden's.


"Y'all" - a little homage to my roots...
Love this footed bowl and my mother-in-law's vintage tablecloth
Brae's design...he chose the plate holder in gold then went back and forth
quite a few times on the distance between candle holders.
LOVED watching his process!


Just add a few leaves & my dear Daddy's painting leaps off of the mantle!


Love that Braden put his kindergarten turkey in a place of prominence!
Each feather describes all of his blessings:
"Family, my talent for singing, my schools, aunts & uncles, friends, my cousins,
jokes & laughs, great food, fantastic neighbors, my talent for baseball."
So, so precious, these memories.

Love the "jumping into leaves" position
Braden put the anatomy man in.

Happy Fall...officially from GDMFTD!!



{Love my special boy.
Thanks for reading!}

No comments:

Post a Comment