Friday, October 17, 2014

Daily Mundane #16 - The Words I Didn't Say (well, Didn't Write...)

I've decided that since my Thursdays are beyond crazy (cray-cray, as my son would jokingly say), that for the duration of this 31 day challenge, rather than an originally conceived post about that day's message or experiences, I will post song lyrics that have spoken to me during my big, fat commute.  And let's face it...you truly can't really get more daily mundane than Southern California traffic!  

Thankfully, though, I have The Fish to keep me company to Corona and back.  And though I'm often just distractedly singing along to whatever is playing, more often than not, my brain wakes up from the highway hypnosis that has rocked it to sleep.  Then I truly tune in to the lesson trying to connect through my synapses.  Here was yesterday's message...a Word that came to me on the way home after six successive classes and a student meeting.  

I hope this serves to fill up your day and your soul as my music classes do for me every Thursday!

Recording artists:  Sidewalk Prophets
Title:  The Words I Would Say
Album:  These Simple Truths


"Three in the morning, and I'm still awake 
So I picked up a pen and a page. 
And I started writing just what I'd say 
If we were face to face. 
I'd tell you just what you mean to me. 
Tell you these simple truths... 

Chorus 
Be strong in the Lord... 
And never give up hope... 
You're gonna do great things 
I already know.  

God's got His hand on You, 
So don't live life in fear. 
Forgive and forget 
But don't forget why you're here, 
Take your time and pray... 
These are the words I would say. 

(This was where my brain started to awaken...)

Last time we spoke, you said you were hurting 
And I felt your pain in my heart, 
I want to tell you that I keep on praying 
Love will find you where you are. 
I know 'cause I've already been there. 
So please hear these simple truths... 

Chorus 

Say from one simple life to another 
I will say come find peace in the Father. 


Be strong in the Lord... 
And never give up hope... 
You're gonna do great things 
I already know.  

God's got His hand on You, 
So don't live life in fear. 
Forgive and forget 
But don't forget why you're here, 
Take your time and pray... 
These are the words I would say. 





{Thanks for reading.}

No comments:

Post a Comment