Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shiny Feet

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet."
I love when the Light of Truth illuminates my path forward.
I think, however, that many times we feel we only receive The Word from Scripture...or a pulpit...or a church. 
I have started to realize in the past few years that His Word has always been around me in whatever form He thinks I'll most pay attention.
   
I got this Word recently from my friend, Robyn, and it has remained with me as I've worked to get my bearings back after a busy, blessed, but sometimes broken month:
 
"God has been sending us signs and angels
In 3's...3 times just in case we didn't get it the first and second time!!!
Amazing.
The WORDS yesterday were about not just waiting for the healing and restoration but ASKING
TALKING
COMMUNICATING TO GOD
REQUESTING FOR WHAT ARE YOUR DESIRES OF THE HEART. 
Ask and you shall receive. 
Being active and not feeling selfish or too bold in standing up strongly and speaking The Words of God and what He has placed in your heart and situations in your life." 

Wow...

These words have continued to light a path for me and a fire within me. 
They suggest the possibility -
no, the necessity -
of, not just walking the line that God has set for us
(I don't know if any of us could truly ready ourselves for the mind-blowing power of those blessings)...
and certainly not just walking the line we've weakly drawn in the shifting sand...
but requesting, asking, communicating, in language clear and loud and loving what we want for our lives...
the healing we expect...
the restoration we're looking toward...
the health...
the wealth...
the prosperity...
the opportunity...
the gifts...
the work....
the play...
the wonder...
our God-sized dreams fulfilled....
our God-given birthright granted. 

Why? 

Not because, as Robyn pointed out, we're being selfish or presumptuous. 
But because we BELIEVE
Wholly.
Unconditionally. 
Faithfully. 
And it's when we BELIEVE in this way,
He knows we're ready. 
Ready for whatever road He has in store. 
That Word is a lamp unto me. 
A light for my path. 

Oh, how I love when my feet shine.


photo credit:  m.prinke, Flickr



No comments:

Post a Comment