Sunday, September 22, 2013

Make a Wish



My birthday is tomorrow, September 23rd.
My girlfriends have been so sweet, checking in with me, asking what I'd like to do.  They know my husband is out of town and probably fear that it won't be much of a celebration without him leading the charge. 
They're awesome, and I so appreciate them.
But I think to myself, "It's 45...you know, no big deal.  No milestone.  Nothing earth-shattering."
If I'm being honest, all I really want is to not have to do laundry or cook a meal.
I don't need much.

At least I didn't think I did.

I went to church this afternoon - the 12:30 mass with the soul-soothing Praise & Worship music led, in part, by my daughter.
For some reason, I thought of tomorrow and what the coming year will hold.
And like visions from His heavenly heart, God sent a cascade of images showing me the way. 
Me in good health and good shape, loving life and feeling clear.
My daughter graduating, healed and whole and anticipating her next chapter.
My boy moving on to his high school life, a song in his heart and a smile on his face.
My husband and I connected, happy and strong.
My faith app reaching millions and helping people grow in gratitude...community...grace.
Oh, what a vision it was.

I can't explain it, but I knew this was a prayer answered that I didn't even realize I was praying.  The entire service was a gift.
The images were a gift. 
The music was a gift to me. 
More than anything, the joy I felt the entire service, was an unexpected surprise.
Unbridled.
Unabashed.
Unadulterated.
Pure.
His joy.

And I knew...
I'm balanced.  I finally felt it.  After months of feeling "off," there it was. 
Contentment. 
Peace. 
Him at the Center.

So I embark upon this 45th year with great anticipation, knowing that He has amazing things planned for my family.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..." - James 1:17a
Oh, the good and perfect gifts in store for me.
Oh, the gifts of His love and grace.
Now that's something to unwrap!



Photo credit:  Microsoft Word Images

No comments:

Post a Comment