Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feed the Meter

 
 
I shared with my girlfriends last night an email about the progress of my campaign -my big, bold God-sized dream...
About the blessings and the challenges...
The pitfalls and the doubts...
The signs and the undeniable graces.

I summarized, "I don't have any clue how that remaining $15,000+ is going to appear...and that's okay because clearly His plan is not my plan...His ways not my ways. He makes everything beautiful in His time..."

Difficult, yes, to keep this train of thought going.  But it's truly how I feel.  And no matter how hard it is daily to persevere without knowing the outcome (who am I kidding?  Not just daily...moment by moment!!!), the path has been set, and I know I just need to stay the course.

My friend, Jessica, emailed me back and said, "Thank you for giving my faith meter a boost today."
Jess always has such a happy way of putting things.
Her words got me to thinking, "Wouldn't it be great if it were that simple?  If we all had a faith-o-meter and we could just feed it quarters...or peanuts...or love letters...or any number of easy items on hand...and the meter would register "Paid?"

I guess that's what Jesus did for us already, though.
He died on the cross to pay for our doubts and our misgivings...
Our wrongdoings and our ugly words...
Our selfishness and our ickiness.
That life of His was meant to fill our meter and keep it fed.

And if I look around, I can easily find those bits of silver and gold to slip into my meter's coin counter:
Scripture...
Family...
Friends
Work...
Music...
Art...
Nature.

He is in all of it and it's there to keep us full.  Our job is to take it in a bit at a time before we reach "zero", so we're never dashing in panic to our faith-o-meters only to find a big "Expired" message blinking back at us.  Our job is to make sure we have the provisions required so we aren't met with that stickler, life's meter-maid, ticketing us and charging us for our lack.

Yes, His riches are all around us, ready to provide nourishment and reward to our faith-o-meters.

How have you fed your meter today?


- Feeling in need of visuals right now. 
Helps my faith to see it tangibly. 
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment