Monday, May 20, 2013

1000 Gifts Sundays...er, Mondays

Though this blogpost is planned for publication on Sundays according to my "weekly calendar," the truth is, there is never a deadline on expressing thankfulness.  So here it is a day late right on time along with a hearty thanks to Ann Voskamp and the weekly challenge on her blog, "A Holy Experience."  Enjoy.


Gratitudes #907-926

#907  For the power and miracle of prayer.

#908  For learning to say "Thank you God for doing 'X'" rather than "Could you please do 'X,' Lord?"  (Of course He can do it, Cynthia...He can do anything!!!)

#909  For the opportunity to teach two incredibly fun, interactive music classes on Tuesday.

#910  For the opportunity to teach one painfully brutal music class later in the week (Bless their hearts...7th and 8th graders who drove all night to be there...not a great formula for success!) and the opportunity for the class to end.  :)  Honestly, it made me grateful for those classes that are so rich in creativity and participation.

#911  For the women in my life who I could never replace in my heart...who shore me up when I am low...pray for me when I am weak...and laugh with me when we get together.  Beyond grateful for these women and those close to me who were not present that evening...

#912  For a chance to see Miss Bessie after 20 months!!!!  Two babies later!!!!  What?!?!?!?  Happy Birthday, Miss Becky!

#913  For empathetic and expert medical professionals caring for my children.  So fortunate.  And for insurance!!  What would we do otherwise?

#914  For Colleen getting through her AP testing relatively unscathed.
 
 

 
#915  Knowing that, no matter how bad things get, fresh flowers make me stop a moment and thank God for His beauty and grace
 

 
 
 
 

#916  For the praise band at our church and how they treat Coll like a little sister.  So dear...

#917  For my chilluns...love those two so much! 

#918  Knowing that my husband is selflessly taking care of our family...giving up moments and outings for himself when the three of us really need him.  Nothing is so special as a committed man...

#919  For yummy tapas made by special friends...can't beat a Caprese skewer in my opinion!

#920  For a fun afternoon at our house for Colleen and her friends, doing P90X in the studio then having pancakes for dinner.

#921  For iced milk water for my girl's terrible sunburn...ouch!  Thank you, American Cancer Society, for the tip!

#922  For a chance meeting with my dear, dear friend Sjaan Trowbridge at Disneyland...for catching up and joyful embraces...for realizing how lucky I am to have met her years ago as "the geriatric elf cast."

#923  For Braden's incredibly optimistic attitude, even in the face of illness.

#924  For easier breathing for my boy.

#925  For a beautiful Pentecost Sunday service...the church year anniversary for my dad's passing into his new life.

#926  And finally...a beautiful message from Daddy in the moment that I needed it most...on his church anniversary....along with one of my favorite Scripture verses. 

What a blessing...









Still sending hearts & crosses 1 year later




"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 
 



- Thank you for sharing these special graces with me.
For visiting.
For reading.
For living in community together.
Have a blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment