Wednesday, November 7, 2012

THE Moment of Truth

I feel I'm currently suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder of the Spirit, also known as ADDS.  Do you ever feel this way?  I just cannot seem to focus on that which is most important.  Flashes of sentence fragments, panic stricken undone duties and general confusion are keeping my mind from Him.  Here's what the 1st paragraph of devotional reading sounded like this morning in my head...

"Worship Me in the beauty of holiness.  When am I going to call all of those adopted families for the Thanksgiving food delivery? All true beauty reflects some of who I am.  I still have four articles to finish for my monthly newsletter.  It should have been published already.  I am working My ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being.  I wonder if my computer is working okay today.  My main work is to clear out debris and clutter, making room for My spirit to take full possession.  Come on, Cynth, focus.  Why can't you focus?  Oh right, Colleen has a dentist appointment at 2PM.  When am I going to work out then?  I have so much to write before I do that.  Oh, and my work out clothes are in the laundry.  Is it time to move them to the dryer yet?  Collaborate in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away.  I wonder if that's what He was doing when my project was declined.  Wait, what did I just read?  Collaborate with me in this effort...collaborate?  Why can't I collaborate lately?  What is my problem?!?!?"



At this, I literally set the book down and put my head in my hands. 

I couldn't take the inner shouting and planning anymore. 

It was just too noisy...
too confusing...
too frustrating...
too mortifying...
TOO MUCH!



And then...

From the deepest recesses of my heart, I heard a voice.

"There is nothing more important than this moment."

I looked up and around.  What was that again?

"There is nothing more important than this moment."

The Breath of stillness was breathed into me and suddenly, peace.

So as I sit in the Silence...
Wait for the Word...
Release & receive...
Trust...
Let go...
I know...I find it...I find the moment.
It is breathed into me again.
"There is nothing more important than this moment."

My heart stills.
My pulse ceases to race.
Thank you, Lord, for this gift.
Oh, how I needed it.

A moment of grace hushing my chaos.

A moment dedicated only to His presence.
A cherished moment feeling centered in Him.
"Be still, Cynthia...
There is nothing more important than this moment."

Serenity, calm, quiet saturate this noisy, human world.
His peace protects me from the turmoil in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment