Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cadence

Cadence: def. music A progression of chords moving to a harmonic close, point of rest, or sense of resolution.



For those of you who read "A Minor Chord", my inconclusive blog post last week, you will understand the reference of this title.  (For those of you who have not and don't want to be confused with the upcoming text, you may read it here to catch up.)

Because I left you all hanging without a resolution to my problem, that of my inability to see a future for myself without my dear, departed dad, I thought I should write this post as I found some answers. I joyfully share with you the texts I read after my continuing discerning prayer which initiated a whisper of solace and hope in me.  I have copied them, unedited, that you may read them in their entirety and reap whatever personal fruits the words may have in store for you.  They are meant to encourage and inspire you in whatever disheartened circumstance you may occasionally - or currently - find yourself.

"Sit quietly with Me, letting all your fears and worries bubble up to the surface of your consciousness.  There, in the Light of My Presence, the bubbles pop and disappear.  However, some fears surface over and over again, especially fears of the future.  You tend to project yourself mentally into the next day, week, month, year, decade; and you visualize yourself coping badly in those times.  What you are seeing is a false image, because it doesn't include Me.  These gloomy times you imagine will not come to pass, since My presence will be with you at all times.

When a future-oriented worry assails you, capture it and disarm it by suffusing the Light of My Presence into that mental image.  Say to yourself, "Jesus will be with me then and there.  With His help, I can cope!"  Then, come home to the present moment, where you can enjoy Peace in My Presence." - Jesus Calling

"He said to His disciples, 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life and what you will eat or about your body and what you will wear.  For life is more than food and the body more than clothing.  Notice the ravens; they do not sow or reap; they have neither storehouse nor barn, yet God feeds them.  How much more important are you than birds! Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your life span?  If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why do you worry about the rest?" - Luke 12:22-26

"Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; He will never fail or forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

"(We destroy arguments) and every pretension raising itself against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive in obedience to Christ..." - 2 Corinthians 10:5

(Biblical text from the New American Bible, St. Joseph Edition. My emphasis added on those phrases which resonated with me relative to my problem.)

In a miracle of Divine glory, He gave me His answers. 
He knows that it will take time. 
He knows I will miss my darling dad in the coming days, weeks, years. 
But He also reassures me that He will never fail me in my grief. 
He will take care of me in whatever stage I find my person, my body. 
Though as any responsible parent, He warns me about my constant worry over those things which I cannot control, He gives me a phrase, through Sarah Young, that I continue to utter as the gloom assails me. 
"Jesus will be with me then and there. With His help, I can cope!
(I have added to this phrase another, the ever popular "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13 - through which I find great comfort.)

But, still, I believe He led me to write the first post without a solution.
In an effort to assure each of you that we all find ourselves humming a tune with no end sometimes, and we are not alone in this feeling.
But from now on, as I write His word...
His message...
His strength...
into every chord...
every melody...
every harmony of my life,
the chord will resolve.
The cadence will sound.

Oh yes, Lord, that is music to my soul...
  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment