Friday, October 12, 2012

Faithfully Fastidious Fridays

Okay, the post today was prompted by a funny exchange Drew and I had last week. 

I said to him, "Oooh, I'm soooo excited - it's Thursday!  And on Thursdays I go out to our studio, do all of the laundry, sort paperwork and pay bills while watching design shows."  I'm working but it's almost like a day off!

He just looked at me with this little smirk and said, "You are so cute."

I said, "What?  Is that weird?!?  I just really love taking a break from everything else on Thursdays and doing mindless work.  And then at the end, everything is done, everything is clean and everything is organized."  I really was doing a little happy dance in my kitchen.

He just shook his head, laughed and said again, "You are so cute."

It dawned on me then that I truly do feel so happy...
Relieved...
Peaceful...
Calm...
When things are clean and organized.
It's like the stress of something ugly hanging over my head dissipates, and I am able to breathe again.

So I thought every now and then I would use this forum to give you a tip for what makes me feel sunny or peaceful in the way of the homestead and help you get your head on right as well.
I thought the term Faithfully Fastidious Fridays pretty much summed it up.

Short and sweet (from hereafter) -
just one tiny thing that may make your life easier and more focused...
so that you in turn can focus on That which truly matters.

So I'm starting small and simple and stealing, actually, from another blogger (who said she stole it from another blogger) an idea that I thought was ridiculous until I tried it.

Keep your kitchen sink clean.

("Whaaa????  Are you kidding?  Thats' it?!?!" I thought.  But it truly worked once I tried it. ) The idea is that if you clean your kitchen sink at the start of your day, everything will just kind of fall into place for staying organized. 
Look here...




When my sink looks like this, I'll tell you I'm a heck of a lot more inclined to not leave anything dirty in it. (I even wipe around the rim and counter so it stays sparkly! :) 

So, when in doubt, when you're feeling overwhelmed or cranky with all you have to do in your house...
Clean your kitchen sink!
And see if it doesn't help your outlook change, even by a little.

Happy Friday!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment