Sunday, October 21, 2012

1000 Gifts Sunday

Living in gratitude, even for the trials and challenges, is making my life stronger, more complete. Thank you, Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience, for the encouragement to share the joys.  Recalling my week of blessings makes even the most frustrating mornings better and more fulfilled.   

Gratitudes #632-670

#632    Dinner out with Evan & Lisa, Bill & Robyn, Chip & Jeree...relishing in good friendships, good memories and lasting connections
#633  Prayers for Jeree...such a wonderful woman and mother
#634 A meeting of  minds for my church charitable organization...Movement for a Better World
#635  Having the opportunity to adopt a family for the holidays over the next season...Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter...getting to bring things to a family in need to make their lives a bit easier, a bit more joyful
#636  The lesson for my children in travelling this road of giving with Drew and me
#637 Learning new skills and getting to be creative in technology...who'da thunk? 
#638  Almost 60 likes on my new "CynthiaWrites" FB page...feeling so humbled and blessed by the support of family and friends
#639  Figuring out technical issues and fixing them myself...again, who'da thunk?
#640  The development of a new idea, a new opportunity...moving forward
#641  Knowing that God is in charge, no matter how many opinions I have or how worried I am over family and friends
#642  Trusting
#643  My children's beautiful faces
#644  A newly designed little vignette for fall - love the reminders of my friendships displayed throughout my home





#645  Fall weather

#646  The twins birthdays (Mae-Mae and Car-Car)...remembering babysitting them when they were just a few months old...knowing now they've grown into mature, beautiful women...being proud to be their aunt
#647  A visit with my dearest, Lisa
#648  Sharing
#649  Emilee being here with Colleen - finding joy in the fact that my girl has a true, fast friend forever
#650  Colleen talking to me and sharing with me, asking my help and advice (Priceless!)
#651  Early morning prayer
#652  Helping move Annie in...knowing we can all rely on each other for help in our need...loving giving back to her
#653  Mary Leist and her messages
#654  A fun afternoon texting with Tiff...happy memories in the old days
#655  A new grey and white basket...organizing newspapers and magazines
#656  Remembering my Mema, her good and gracious spirit
#657  Fresh flowers & lit candles
#658  Touching base with Becky
#659  Touching base with Julie
#660  Katie's birthday and new earrings  (After singing her the birthday song and wishing her a Happy Birthday, the final exchange...Me: "We love you, Katie!"  Katie: "I know!" Best response ever!!!)  The tooth kills me!
#661  Kat & Joe's news!!
#662  Getting to talk to Margaret, knowing that she's happy in her new married life
#663  A great, cathartic phone call with Miley...knowing that my verbal vomit will not deter her from talking to me...sooooo grateful!!
#664  A bird on a branch
#665  Fall decorating
#666  Braden's desire to make a video audition tape...loving that he is energized to move on in his singing
#667  Listening to Colleen sing in the shower
#668  Colleen's English paper...getting to share in her thoughts, her beautiful dreams, her amazing spirit
#669  My boy and my guy getting to enjoy the football game together...bonding over their team
#670  Overcoming waking up in a terrible mood..."with God, all things are possible!"  Amen!!





{Thanks to all of you for reading...
for commenting...
for thinking of your own gratitudes & lifting them up in thanksgiving.
Thanks also for your continued support and commitment,
all of which make this labor of love 
& every moment, every hour spent writing worth it!}

No comments:

Post a Comment