Sunday, October 7, 2012

1000 Gifts Sunday

So much thanksgiving for all of my gifts and blessings.  Life just gets better and better.  Living in gratitude, even for the trials and challenges, is keeping me so much more open to all I'm given. Thanks Ann Voskamp and A Holy Experience!   

Gratitudes #573-602

#573  An idea, a dream beginning to materialize
#574  My phone call with Christine...oh, how I love that woman!
#575  Surviving the week (with no issues) without my husband
#576  A terrific Back to School night for my 7th grade boy
#577  His teachers...bright, energetic, fun, dedicated
#578  Picking up Drew from the airport...having him all to myself the whole way home and into the evening
#579  Colleen's Back to School night - less than two years of high school left...unbelievable!
#580 Colleen's awesome teachers...especially Forensics!  I wanna take that class!!
#581  Running into Ann at Back to School...laughing with her in the classroom
#582  Visiting with Tamara and Steve in Physics
#583  A great workout and visit with Annie
#584  A new writing job...latches and hinges and handles, oh my!  (Thanks for the opportunity, Curt and Theresa!)
#585  Dinner with Bill, Robyn and Lizzie...loving our Friday nights together
#586  Chinese takeout
#587  Ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate
#588  Preparing to teach two classes next week - will be great to be back in the classroom
#589  Taking time out for a day on the water with friends...so grateful that Drew and I have a boat club membership with a few hours left on it!
#590  Togos, chips and salsa & white wine
#591  Beautiful messages from my dear Daddy
#592  Neysha, Miley, Annie, Lisa, Drew & the sunshine
#593  Costco shopping for the teen ministry program with Drew
#594  Sleeping in!!!!
#595  Learning to listen, learning to be patient, learning to take direction even when it's a detour from what I thought the path was...recipe for a restful heart
#596  Cooler temperatures...starting to feel autumn in the air
#597  Going to the marathon expo with Drew...loving seeing him in his element
#598  Four new countries reading my simple words
#599  Realizing that I passed a one year milestone of writing these thoughts, these messages, my labor of love - September 21st!  Happy Anniversary, God!

And last in my week...

#600  My beautiful marathon man









#601  His comment at the Expo:  "Beautiful mural...



a picturesque bridge and...


100's of port-a-potties!!

#602  Being SO proud to be married to him...proud of his perseverance...proud of his dedication...proud of his courage.
 

{Thanks for reading.
Thanks for listening to your own stories.
Thanks for sharing them with others.}

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, as always, Mama, but I feel the need to add one more "gratitude" to the list:

    #603 The Blind Side and the realization that nothing is more important than family.

    ReplyDelete