Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1000 Gifts Sunday...er, Tuesday

Apparently I decided to celebrate the Labor Day weekend by not laboring at all...which will be my #408 gift!  We had a wonderful weekend visiting Drew's mom and old friends from Drew's hometown.  I hope all of you had an equally blessed long weekend.  My continuing thanks to Ann Voskamp for this beautiful weekly challenge.  I hope you all find a few moments in your week to reflect and find the things for which you are most grateful.


Gratitudes #408 - 444
(whew...& Hallelujah!  Lots to be grateful for!)

#408  A long weekend with no labor
#409  Faculty meeting with an incredible curriculum planning committee...my previous college teaching position continues with such an inspired group leading the students 
#410  Thinking, planning, collaborating with other educators...so stimulating!
#411  Laughing and discussing profound educational philosophies with Jessica, David, Kim, Ariel and Yannick
#412  An exciting after-meeting with Don
#413  Surviving the loss of my wedding ring stone...knowing that my marriage means more than that diamond
#414  Creating new jobs for myself...summoning courage
#415  Receptivity
#416  Mama's time away with her sister...getting nightly updates
#417   Birds & branches
#418  A day with Jessica and her girls
#419  Watching them "sew" on the gorgeous, pink rag-rug
#420  A beautiful play space for Francesca and Sofia
#421  Tacos, laughter & Hailey's incredible dog rescue story! (Long story short, Jess' daughter found a dog with no owner and later discovered her 5 newborn puppies under a bush - during a 10PM search in pajamas - where "Hope" had hidden them to protect them!  All five doggies are now safe and sound with a foster family.  Thank you, Hailey, for your loving spirit and showing kindness to all of His creatures!)







#422  Wedding plans for my sister, Margaret
#423  Loving planning...loving beauty...loving sharing that happiness with others
#424  An evening, sleepover and next day with Nikki...loving that she loves my girl...loving that she loves my boy...loving that she feels like part of the family.  (Have a great time on tour, Nikki! Come back soon!)
Delish!
#425  Homemade Italian sausage sauce and pasta steaming in bowls on our laps
#426  The most amazing grilled salmon salad with Farmer's Market vegetables 
#427  Seeing Bill, Robyn and Lizzie after weeks away
#428  Being welcomed excitedly into a position writing for my favorite organization!
#429  Mary Leist...love this woman

#430  Colleen passing her permit test...
#429  ...and then her first lesson...
Way to go, Colleen!  She's already doing SOOOOO great!
#430  ...and then carting us around all weekend!
#431  A day of swimming and visiting at the Miners
#432  Going "home" to Apple Valley...so glad to be with my mother-in-law in her home
#433  Cleaning, sorting, getting Diane's house ready to be sold
#434  Feeling useful...helping...using my hands & heart to work as family
#435  Being proud of my gorgeous husband
#436  A new year of meet & greet for the Young Americans
#437  Seeing new generations of my friends' kids continuing the tradition
#438  New seasons
#439  An exciting writing gig
#440  Continuing work on the website...should I stop "chasing perfect" and release it?  Probably...
#441  Messages for my friends and family from Mass
#442  Loving my life
#443  Loving my Lord
#444  Loving my family


{I hope you're able to take a moment today to
think about & pray in thanksgiving for your blessings.
Have a wonderful week...}


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure why I have the honor of making this weeks list... but I love you and could right a 1,000 Gifts List all about you. Can't wait for your new writing adventure- you truly are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete