Sunday, July 8, 2012

1000 Gifts Sunday

Back from an incredible trip to Harbor Springs, Michigan...one of my family's favorite spots.  A trip orchestrated by my Father so I could begin healing.  Here is a continuation of the One Thousand Gifts challenge by A Holy Experience blogger, Ann Voskamp. A reminder of God's love and all the things for which I am grateful.  I hope you find it meaningful and that you are encouraged to take pause to reflect upon all of the ways in your life you are blessed.

Gratitudes #86-144

#86  Safe trips for all
#87  A perfect travel companion
#88  My boy, growing into a man, "No, Mom, I've got the luggage"
#89  A beautiful, green drive
#90  Lake Michigan suddenly around the bend
#91  A warm welcome by an incredible cast
#92  Seeing my girl after 10 days apart
#93  A blessed home for the Brawleys
#94  Fresh flowers in my room
#95  Bill
#96  Robyn
#97  Lizzie
#98  A profound musical theater camp experience for my little camper
#99  Brae overcoming fears and obstacles
#100  One of the best Boyne shows I've seen in years
#101  A sacred song medley written by Bill...each song more special in its meaning for me
#102  Sobbing into my napkin...Bill's hand on my shoulder
#103  Whispered in my ear after, "I wrote that for you."
#104  Quiet moments surrounded by woods, writing
#105  Naps in the outdoor chaise lounge
#106  Days alone, working, exercising, healing
#107  Organic food
#108  The Olthoffs arriving
#109  A sunny walk with Jamye
#110  Jason
#111  Jamye
#112  Sydney
#113  Kalen
#114  Enjoying the sunshine
#115  Lunch with Colleen and Nikki at Turkey's& shopping after
#116  Stafford's Sunday brunch!!!!!
#117  Nikki accepting my girl, bonding with and loving her
#118  A night alone with Lizzie, watching movies, her lying on my stomach on the couch...waaahhh - "Let's watch this one, Auntie Cynthia!"
#119   A touching camp show
#120  My boy, an amazing soloist, singing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" in the most incredible, pure, soprano range...silent standing ovation in my heart
#121  Dinner with dear friends - 3/4 of Los Amigos - at The Pier
#122  A hilarious walk on the pier
#123  BBQ at the Tebo's
#124  Boating with Art
#125  Braden and Art in the chair lift
#126  Wildflowers picked by my boy especially for me
#127  A floppy hat
#128  More hearts and crosses
#129  Laughter
#130  A lovely visit with Milt and Susan
#131  Kilwin's ice cream
#132  Gurney's sandwich (twice!!)
#133  Colleen, Nikki and Lizzie in the 4th of July parade!!
#134  Susie and Gil Johnson and their blessed house on the water
#135  4th of July BBQ - again, twice!!
#136  Fireworks with my husband
#137  Anna Marlow & amazing stories
#138  A new cross necklace from Anna
#139  Community art show
#140  Talking to the artists
#141  A relaxing drive back to Chicago
#142  Ray's pizza
#143  Safe travels home
#144  And most importantly...gifts, treasures, thoughts, words and directions from our Heavenly Father on my next chapter...tears and tears with Drew and Robyn and Bill over this direction.... gratitude, gratitude, gratitude beyond measure...mostly for putting me in a place where friends have faith to move mountains and believe all I hear and see and share, which makes me more open to receiving His gifts.

Much love and prayers to you all as the next chapter begins.  I look forward to sharing some of it with you on this blog.

{Thanks for reading...and welcome back}

4 comments:

  1. Cut to me crying in my cubicle at work while reading this.
    Gosh... I love you and am so incredibly thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I've started my Gratitudes list for next Sunday. The first one, #145, is "Mary Leist." Love you too! And SOOOOO thankful for your friendship.

      Delete
  2. Cynth- I've loved all of your posts since Daddy's passing...you're a wonderful writer and they've given me comfort like each of you girls gave me comfort during that time...i love you,
    marg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margie,
      Thanks for that and glad for the little bit of help they provide. I feel that way as I write them...blowing a little bit of grief off of my back each time. I love you so much...call when you can!
      Cynth

      Delete