Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Whispered Wisdom

Yesterday, still feeling weak and sickly from my stomach virus, I had to go to the grocery store.  No part of me wanted to go.  No part of me felt strong enough.  But my husband was unavailable, and there were things the children and I needed.  So I gathered my energy and my keys, got in the car and started out of my driveway.

As I was beginning to back up, looking over my left shoulder into the street for oncoming traffic, I heard a whisper in my ear...

"Choose joy..."

I stopped the car and looked around for a moment.  I heard it again...

"Choose joy..."

This faintest wisp of instruction turned me around inside.  It was like a healing balm on my heart.  My facial muscles, until then contorted in discomfort, relaxed into an easy smile.  The rest of my day was better.  I didn't physically feel better...but spiritually I did.

This morning I awoke to a blog post I receive each day from (in)courage.  The message written in bold typeface?  Choose joy...

So there is no question about what I'm meant to impart to you this day.  My stomach flu lingers.  I would be lying if I said I didn't want it to go away.  But throughout last night and today, I have chosen joy.  Through the mire and the muck, I'm choosing joy.

My hope and prayer for each one of you is that,
no matter what you are currently going through...
No matter how difficult the circumstances...
No matter how heavy the load...
No matter the sadness and despair, the sickness and the physical toll...
Somehow...
Some way...
(His way...)
You will choose joy.


Photo courtesy of bing images on etsy.com...artist "metalsgirl"

No comments:

Post a Comment