Monday, May 7, 2012

A Push in the Right Direction

Was it really only yesterday that I was commenting (maybe boasting a bit?) on the fact that I had been blessed with endless ideas for this blog?  Now here I sit, feeling dry and a little withered as I approach it.  What changed? 

I have been sick all day.

I was on the phone with my mom when all of a sudden a wave of nausea swept over me like the riptide at Gulf Shores.  Hot flash...mouth watering...I grabbed a quick carb choice on which to graze since low blood sugar is often the culprit when I feel this way.  (I'm sure my mother appreciated it as I attempted to answer her questions with a mouth full of banana.)  Anyway, the snack didn't help and I found myself in bed throughout the afternoon, feeling weak and sick, stomach churning and yucky.

What do you do when you have a job to do or a commitment to honor and you just aren't feeling up to the task?  It's difficult to be inspired when your stomach is cramping.  So after I dragged myself out of bed to pick up the kids from school, I sat staring at my computer screen.  Finally I said sadly, "I don't feel good."  My 12 year old looked up from his homework and said, "Push through it, Mom."

Wow...

Such honesty and integrity from my little man.  You know what?  He's right.

What should I do when I feel weak and dizzy, nauseous with life's challenges?
Push through it.
What should I do when I feel under attack, angry and vengeful?
Push through it.
What should I do when everything I touch turns to stone instead of gold?
Push through it.
What should I do when I am down and out, sad and disappointed...
Self-doubting and self-loathing...
Uninspired and ordinary...
Lousy and small?
Push through it.

Push through the pain of rejection...
the fear of nonacceptance...
the dry spells in work and in love...
the frustration with those around me...
the frustration with myself for my faults.
Push through it.

Fight the good fight of life.  Because the fact of the matter is, it is our job to honor the knowledge that we are children of our beautiful Father in Heaven, and He believes we can do anything, no matter how bad our circumstances. 

Push for grace...push for glory...push for gratitude.
Push through (to) it!

No comments:

Post a Comment