Friday, May 4, 2012

Drinking from the Wellspring

Do you recognize this?




How about this?



What if I showed you a different view?



Still another?



I love to be surrounded by beauty.
But I am not known for my green thumb.
The 'gardens' portion of "Better Homes and Gardens" will not be visiting me any time soon.
Unless they create a new segment called "How NOT To..."


Still when I came home to this yesterday....



I took care of business.
Hours later, this was what greeted me...



How did I do it?
What miracles of modern horticulture did I employ?
What savvy method of ingenuity?



I watered it.


It takes so little to be nourished...
To blossom...
To flower and grow...
To become beautiful.




Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:4-6


Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”  John 4:9-11









And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
Matthew 14:28-30


After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
Matthew 3:15-17




Me and my beautiful hydrangeas....
baptized with water and the Spirit...
walking on the healing water of His sacrifice...
drinking from the wellspring of His word...
wilting when we do not drink...

blossoming 
when we do...





4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, I don't know exactly why but this really spoke to me today. Thank you. Part is that I just finished a paper on John 3:1-15 and did a lot of reading about being born of the water and of the spirit. Man is born of the flesh, of the natural waters that comes from when a woman's water breaks. Later, he must be born again from above, drenched by the Spirit. True growth begins when we have received the Spirit. Thank you for helping me grow with your little Spirit sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, my brother. So happy it spoke to you and thank YOU for the insight to the significance of water in all of our lives. Glad you felt the sprinkles. I enjoy them myself - but am also prayerfully awaiting a torrential downpour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the visual cues provided throughout the text of your message. I could really visualize the true message with these accompanying photos. So helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Theresa. Wish I were a more accomplished photographer and could do that for each one. But I HAD to photograph my beautiful hydrangeas. They bring me such joy. (And Braden's little hand in the 2 pictures breaks my heart too.) Love you!

    ReplyDelete