Friday, March 30, 2012

One Thousand Gifts

A gorgeous, soulful writer, Ann Voskamp, has given a challenge on her blog ("A Holy Experience" - see button on right side of my blog) to make a list of One Thousand Gifts for which we are grateful.  What a beautiful, edifying way to spend writing time...on a list of gratitudes!  Who'd have thunk that not complaining or commiserating or reveling in the dankness of life would make for interesting reading???  But it does and she has and I'm joinin' in the madness!

So to begin my list...gonna go for the obvious here...

For our Father who has become THE most important thing...a voice in me, a muse, a guide, a friend...
For a husband who loves and laughs with me and lives life to the fullest and leaves me in quiet to write from this muddled brain of mine...
For a daughter who is growing and maturing and LOVELY in so many ways...(she drank a cup of coffee today before school - boy am I getting old!)...
For a son who is courageous and hilarious and finding his way....
For the continued grace of God in keeping them healthy, all three...
For a mother and a father who set such a beautiful example to me in how they lived their lives...
For a mother who selflessly has taken on the challenge of caring for a husband who is slipping away...
For the moments where that father is glimpsed wholly as his prior self and the laughter and love that ensues...
For four sisters who call and email and text and write - who love and laugh and yell and cry - who make me remember that family is everything and if you do not have that, you have nothing...
For the written word and all that it means to me and all that it allows me...

These are my #1-11 gifts...
all important
all real
all delicious
all blessed
Here's to sharing the next 989...

No comments:

Post a Comment