Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ode to a Laptop

I wish that technology could be my friend.
Throws Christ on His ear; lets expletives in.
I feel my best ethics begin to erode
As my screen asks me sweetly, "Shall I start in Safe Mode?"


I want to take flight
But I hang in and fight.
Though try as I might
I can't get it right.

"I know that I'm bright!"
I exclaim with some bite.
No black and no white
In this hideous plight.




The devil's a laughin' and rollin' around.
"Upload an image? Your skills ain't that sound."
He's camped on my back rootin' for my demises.
Designing a site, the frustration rises.

"I know that I'm bright!"
I exclaim with some bite.
No black and no white
In this hideous plight.

With no end in sight,
I'm looking for light.
"Hey God, help me out here!
I just wanna write!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment