Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vegetable Verification

My husband converted to Catholicism a few years back.  I had never requested him to.  One day he just came home and said, "I called the RCIA program at St. Joe's.  I'm thinking of becoming Catholic."  I said, "Oh, okay" even though I was about to pee in my pants.

Since then we tease him that he is more Catholic than I am...minus the guilt, of course.  That's a perk you enjoy only when  you've been raised Catholic.  Speaking of...on more than one occasion over the years, I've wondered about and had guilt over the possibility of Drew feeling like I expected him to convert.  (Which I truly didn't, I can honestly say.  What a personal decision!)  I've asked him about it, and he's assured me that it isn't the case...that he really feels so connected to this faith.  Still, I've wondered...

This morning, before work, Drew came into the living room and said, "Hey, I forgot to tell you that I got a sign on Ash Wednesday that I'm supposed to be a devout Roman Catholic."  Do tell!  He continued, "The company had food brought in for the team that day.  In between meetings, I went in, looked at the lunches and thought 'Yikes, a bunch of meat.'  I went to the next meeting, and when I came back, there was only one lunch left...a grilled veggie sandwich."  He grinned.  I said, "That's makin' the blog."

 
Thank you God, for answering my doubt with a little eggplant, zucchini, squash and tomato.  I owe ya'... 

No comments:

Post a Comment