Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Christmas Blessing

Though I am still in need of packing for my trip home on Christmas Day, finishing three handmade presents, filling stockings, doing dishes and folding laundry, I feel the need to post this note to reflect on the past year and the many blessings that have been born of our earlier troubles.  I am constantly amazed at the abundance my family has been given since starting on this most awesome journey with our beautiful Lord.  So it seems fitting on this day when we honor the birth of the baby Jesus and His ultimate sacrifice for humanity, that I thank all of you for sacrificing your time in journeying with me and becoming part of this blessing.  I was amazed to look at my "audience" of readers and find that almost 20 countries have currently read and followed my simple words.  So in honor, too, of that humbling discovery, I have endeavored to speak to you in your native languages.  (My apologies to those countries whose languages don't include characters on my computer!)

So to each of you in...

Ukraine                Благословення
Germany              Segen, Preisung
Russia                  благословение; благо, благодеяние, блаженство,счастье; 
Romania              Binefacerile
Poland                 Błogosławieństwy
Italy                     Benedizione; Beneficio; Beneplacito
Latvia                  Svētības
Andorra               Bendición
Philippines          Bendisyon
Netherlands         Zegen   
Malaysia             Rahmat

And those in America, Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, Japan, Kuwait...I say "blessings" to you and yours.  I will pray for each of you and your families as our Christmas holidays continue. 

Hopefully I'll find some time to share more thoughts with you during the week of vacation with my extended family, but until then...

Merriest Christmas!!  And God's blessings on you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment