Thursday, October 27, 2011

Run with Endurance the Race

Well, I'm at the two week mark in training for the half marathon.  Here's my daily workout checklist:

Running Shoes 

Workout ClothesPlaylist


Pulled GroinBattered Ego


The Will to Continue Training?


In reality, I'm a little surprised to say that things are going even a bit better than planned.  I have a workout schedule I adhere to each day - today was 5 miles - and I have followed through as required...except for the day I was wearing a really cute outfit and just didn't want to get sweaty. 

I'm looking forward to picking the race and the charity to honor.  My inspiration is my children, both of whom have had to overcome incredible odds this year with their health and both of whom have shown such strength of spirit.  Who better to think of when I'm having trouble getting off the couch...having trouble being motivated to better my health...having trouble passing up that red velvet cupcake in favor of an apple? 

Exercise is such a metaphor for life.  It is hard work.  It is exhausting.  It is painful.  It is full of temptation.  But when you persevere, it is glorious.  It is gratifying.  It is cathartic.  It makes you stronger.  And with God on our side, living is the most rewarding journey we can take, making the dark night seem hopeful and the daylight, brilliant.  "And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.”  Hebrews 12:3

With my eyes on Jesus, I will endure.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you C!!!! I'm always amazed when people can run that far. I get a little winded walking up my stairs! :) Stick with it. You will amazing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete